What you need
Zucchini- I used a little less than 1kg
Ginger-Garlic paste -a teaspoon each
1 large Onion-sliced
Green Chillies (optional)
Oil 6-7 tablespoons (I used Olive oil)
- Red Chilli powder
- Curry powder
- Coriander Powder
Black, White Cumin
- Heat the oil and add ginger-garlic paste..let it turn golden brown.
- Add sliced onion and fry it a bit too.
- Add Black and White Cumin Seeds while the onion fries.
- Add sliced Tomato
- Add all the spices and salt as per your taste.
- Add a dash of water right after adding the spices as the red chilli might burn and fill your house with tear gas..(not really but the strong smell can irritate your nostrils at times)
- Let it cook on high heat mixing all the time so that it doesn't burn.
- This is your Masala..
- Peel and cut Zucchini.
- Add it to the Masala
- Mix and add just a dash of water again.
- Reduce heat to low..cover and let it simmer for approx 10-12 minutes.
- Keep checking in between and give it a stir once or twice.
- After the Zucchini seems soft and cooked turn the heat to high and stir until the moisture is gone and the oil appears on the surface.
- Sprinkle some freshly chopped coriander on top.
- Delicious hot Masala Zucchini is ready to be served with some Chappatti and Yoghurt!
- Try and Enjoy.