Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Prince's throne

I found a pair of charming little footstools on my first ever venture in a flea market. I just had to have them! The colour did not go with anything in my living room so I used the left over fabric from my dinning chairs to recover it.
I unscrewed its feet and painted them with normal white acrylic paint to match my fabric.
Then..I got this truly royal image from The Graphics Fairy and printed it on to a piece of fabric. At the bottom right I added my baby's initial.

I'm a hopeless seamstress so the first attempt to stitch the printed fabric piece with the rest of the fabric was a FAIL. Had to use adhesive spray to set the printed patch on top of the fabric I had already stapled on the stool. The patch had raw edges and to cover that up..again GLUE. This time I used hot glue to add a black trim around the edges.

My lil Prince has a seat of his own to sit and watch Seaseme Street!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some Love, Leave a Comment!