Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dinning Chairs

I had bought this dinning set from a British family with so much passion and struggle (hubby was against having a BIG dinning table in a small apartment) I loved the farm house look it had (sans farmhouse! ) After having it there for more than a year I was growing tired of the look..everyone around me seemed to be loving all those modern IKEA looks.

I have a little less than no knowledge about painting furniture. Although seeing everybody do them in blogopia did make me want to try but it was risky.
1. So out with the old upholstered seats and in with some new fabric. (By 'new' I mean the fabric from a long forgotten single quilt cover in my husband's stuff) I know the fabric was not suitable for furnishings but I gave it a try. With a baby in the house an expensive fabric wouldn't have suited me anyway. I can change it anytime I wish.
2. Made my own Stencil using this no cost brilliant idea from Kammy's Korner.

 This guy was curious to help!

3. I used black acrylic paint to stencil the pattern onto the newly upholstered seats. It took me a week to staple unscrew-staple-screwback-and print 6 chairs. My work was dependent on baby nap time!

The grey and white stripes gave them a modern and fresh look. I was happy with myself:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some Love, Leave a Comment!