Sunday, July 1, 2012

Toddler's Rice Pudding


Pretty basic stuff but I though I'd share my version here.
I used last night's left over rice. Just mashed it up a bit.

  • Put 1 cup milk to heat and add your pre-boiled and mashed rice to it.
  • Add a teaspoon of brown sugar
  • Half a pinch of salt (optional)
  • 1 pod cardamom (or a pinch of cardamom powder)
  • Crushed nuts (totally optional..I used Almonds)
  • Bring it all to a simmer and whisk along.
  • Remove from heat when you have a creamy texture.

Serve cold or warm. My son likes it warm :)

Variation:

If you don't have boiled rice you could just grind  2 tablespoons of rice in a coffee grinder/spice grinder and add it to the milk.Let it simmer until the grains are soft. This is more suitable for younger babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some Love, Leave a Comment!