Pretty basic stuff but I though I'd share my version here.
I used last night's left over rice. Just mashed it up a bit.
- Put 1 cup milk to heat and add your pre-boiled and mashed rice to it.
- Add a teaspoon of brown sugar
- Half a pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 pod cardamom (or a pinch of cardamom powder)
- Crushed nuts (totally optional..I used Almonds)
- Bring it all to a simmer and whisk along.
- Remove from heat when you have a creamy texture.
Serve cold or warm. My son likes it warm :)
If you don't have boiled rice you could just grind 2 tablespoons of rice in a coffee grinder/spice grinder and add it to the milk.Let it simmer until the grains are soft. This is more suitable for younger babies.