So here it goes..
- 1 kg carrots ( grated, A food processor can be your life saver)
- 1 1/2 litres Milk
- 1/2 cup condenced Milk (optional)
- 1 and a half cups sugar
- 4-5 cardammom seeds freshly ground
- Kewra essence ( i didnt have it though)
- Nuts, sultana to garnish
- Put the milk to boil, add the grated carrots when it starts boiling. Add sugar and cardammom.
- Let it simmer on a medium heat for 25 mins.
- Stir occassionally..until the carrots become soft.
- I like to run the stab mixer in it at the end to give it a nice texture and consistency.
- Add the condenced milk.
- Turn the heat off when thick,round bubbles show on the top
- Let it cool at room temperature first and then refrigerate it. Serve cool,garnished with dry roasted almonds, crushed pistachios and cashews.
Makes enough to serve 8-9 sweet-toothed people:)