I made Besan ka Halwa (Gram flour Halwa)
- 1cup gram flour
- 1cup samolina
- 1cup sugar
- 1cup whole milk powder
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 4-5 cardamom seeds crushed
- pinch of Saffron
- Pistachio and almonds
- silver leaves if available.
Put the water to boil along with the sugar.saffron and cardamom.
For a rough idea I do a 3 minutes on the clock for every step.
- Heat the oil moderately, add gram flour- mix and stir for 3 mins or until a nice aroma.
- Add the samolina and again keep stiring for another 2-3 mins.
- Next add the milk powder and again stir for 2-3 mins.
- Now add the boiling syrup taking care of the spashes by keeping the lid of the pan handy.
- Stir Stir Stir! ..until you get a nice soft dough like mixture. Be sure not to make it too dry.
- Remove in a lined or oiled dish and press down with a spatula..making it even.
- Garnish with nuts and refrigerate it for a bit to set it.
- Once its set you can keep it in an air tight container at room temperature.
- Cut into damonds or squares.
- I like it warm so I give it 30 secs in the microwave before serving.