Last week in my email I got some mouth watering furniture deals. Newsletters like these make me squeal out loud...who the hell would pay so much for a chair. ONE chair! No disregard to those who can, I love it and if someone else is paying I wouldnt mind having it :p
Teals, blues, aquas are my current colour preferences. Seeing the images above I was reminded of the fabric I had bought last year..I had regretted buying it later that day..seeing no use for it and feeling guilty of impulsive buying..but who knew.
I had been planning to do a tuffting project ever since I stepped into blog land..but I didnt quite know what to make. That thing was laying right under my feet all that time..the old foot stool that I had!
- An awkward mushroom shaped foot stool.
- Glue Gun
- Adhesive Spray
- Button Upholstering Kit
- Super Long Needle
- Nylon Thread
- Staple Gun ( mine stopped working, so I didnt use it)
- I measured the fabric needed for the sides and for the top. Cut it-
- I cut open the bottom of the footstool to take a peek.
- I marked the top of the foot stool for the tufts. I inserted a pointy screw driver down the 'seat' of the stool..all the way down so that I had holes visible on the underside of the stool.
- To Keep it short I covered my Buttons, and did the tuffting...I looked for the many tutorials online for guidance on threading the needle etc.
I did the top and the tuffting first and then covered the sides.
For the sides I took the no sew, no stress way..I hot glued it ! I turned the fabric edges over and hot glued them for a neat 'seam'. Then went on covering the foot stool, using spray adhesive to set the fabric. Corners were tough to handle but I did them just like I would wrap a present.
Feels G0o0oood ! Oops will someone get me the remote control !