Thursday, June 20, 2013

Summertide

Summer routine is sapping out all of the pent up activities we were waiting to do for so long. Somedays seem too short for everything to fit in..the clock seems to move faster than the sun. Here's whats been happening lately:

Made cake pops for my son's favorite girl's birthday.My son is 2 and she turned 7 bytheway!




This month I had my birthday too and was treated well by the kin and folk of my clan. Went out for a grill party that day.our first official grill of the season.


We've been frequenting our local gelato ice cream shop late in the evenings..this past weekend we went to a little theme park near munich based on the grimm brother's fairly tales...I packed some homemade pretzels and frischkaese for the trip. Recipe seemed ok but the pretzels were not terribly soft the next day..but platable.

After a long eventful day..Making Pretzels for the first time. Past mid night. Pretending to be nigella :p



 They came out really soft and chewy but went a bit hard later.

I get some off toddler time two days a week when I commute to the city on the train. Perfect time to read and reflect :)

Been reading this great book by Paulo Coelho. I picked it up thinking it to be a novel but this falls more into the category of a self-help maybe motivational book. I was reminded of Coelho's The Warrior of Light quiet a lot of times while reading. Here are some of the best lines.

And those who are alone at this moment, need never be frightened by the words of the devil: ‘You’re wasting your time.’
Or by the chief demon’s even more potent words: ‘No one cares about you.’
The Divine Energy is listening to us when we speak to other people, but also when we are still and silent and able to accept solitude as a blessing.
And when we achieve that harmony, we receive more than we asked for.


I am here to tell you that there are people who have never been defeated.

They are the ones who never fought.

Allowing someone else to make us happy will make them happy too.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some Love, Leave a Comment!