Thursday, September 13, 2012

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

When I did my masters I studied Environmental Sciences as part of the program. We were made to watch Al Gore's The Inconvinient Truth and numerous other slide shows on how planet Earth was at the brink of an environmental Armageddon. I got interested, even motivated to choose this as my future line of emphasis in case I pursued a Ph.D. Worrying sincerly about the carbon credits and the injustice of the West towards the third world. I even did a couple of radio programmes from my university...go on laugh as hard as you can..becuase I ended up writting a DIY- housewifey blog!
No regrets! I may not be 'in- touch' with all the Green talk these days but I do still live on planet Earth and can make crafty stuff to contribute!!




I repurpose alot of my stuff to make fun projects. Old bed sheets into rossettes, cartons into pretty storage boxes, scraps into embellishments, out sized clothes into accessories..you get it right? Not much to contribute but a tiny bit does make a difference! I try using my own tote at the groccery store and everytime I do that I feel that I just made a small effort on my part. Still, there is a self-multiplying plastic bag monster in my kitchen..they just show up! I watched this video and decided to feed my latest obcession with it. Hangers!
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdQlXu2yXnM&feature=youtube_gdata_player



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some Love, Leave a Comment!