Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fox in the Pocket

'A hunting we will go,
 a hunting we will go Heigh ho, the dairy-o,
 a hunting we will go  
A hunting we will go, a hunting we will go  
We'll catch a fox and put him in a box 
And then we'll let him go'

My almost 2 years old son giggles every time I sing this to him. I found this idea at an etsy shop and thought that I had to make it myself. So we caught a fox and put him in a pocket instead!

I got a hoodie with pockets at the front. (Got it from a discount store)

I made a free hand template for the fox.
Then traced it on thin orange felt.
Pinned it in place and so far it looked as planned...BUT after this things started going foxy turvy.
I made the mistake of trusting my stitching prowess. I started off with the tail and soon after a few stitches the machine sucked in the fleece ( I don't know how that happened ! ) I tried everything to remove it without damaging. Nothing worked and I had to use my scissors to detach it from the base. It frustrated me, I went on to finishing the rest with a needle and thread.

Its actually funny to look at it now..as if the fox had been attacked by hunters. Poor thing.
On a scale of 10 I would give myself 4. Its just a hoodie I got to be worn at home and my son likes it anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some Love, Leave a Comment!