Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ideas for the Bride: Dust Bags

Weddings are special. It could be a small affair or a ballistic Bollywood wedding. Lots of planning goes into it. You can offcourse preserve the memories of the actual 'big day' in the form of pictures but small things that remind you of the whole wedding mood for years are the best to keep.

Like these dust bags for the Bride's shoes. I had more shoes than dresses to wear for the post-wedding events.  So my mother made these lovely sacks in coordinating fabrics for me to protect all the sparkling heels.

















Attention to the detail is the key to a memorable wedding. Just take some nice fabric..this one here is raw-silk..left over from my dress. Sew the 3 sides of a rectangle, fold over the edges of the 4th edge for the opening. Leave some space for inserting your cord or ribbon.

Now that I don't put on fancy shoes with heels anymore, I have these sacks to keep my stuff in the cupboards or for the bathroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some Love, Leave a Comment!