Thursday, July 19, 2012

How to Spruce Up a Cake Carrier


I wanted to do papier mache on my plain old plastic cake carrier to give it a vintage feel but on second thoughts I dropped the idea. My past experiences with the technique have been huge disappointments! But..I had the itch to do something with it..here's what I did:

I had leftover adhesive vinyl from my organizing box. I cut out the petals and did a larger floral design.
I would be careful off course and hand wash it..but I don't really expect it getting dirty on the outside in the first place. Its removable, for when I get bored with it!
I did a quick cupcake liner flower for the handle. Just threaded some pretty liners on a piece of wire in a random fashion. To add a leafy touch I did one like this:


Fold the cupcake liner like shown in the picture and cut two diagonal lines with a scalloped scissor.






Wrap the wire around the handle to attach. In case you want to wash it just remove the wire and attach it again afterwards.
Partying at: igottacreate

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Turned out great!
    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete

Share some Love, Leave a Comment!